The internship offers students the opportunity to:
· Go through the
application and interview process
· Acquire work experience in their field
· Determine if they have an interest in a particular career
· Have a chance to try out their own abilities
· Develop specific, vocational and personal skills
· Enhance future career opportunities
· Create a network of contacts in the industry
· Gain an opportunity to travel, earn a salary and enjoy a different way of life
- 教师: 李雄坤Rick Li
• Apply warranty claims and claims under consumer protection rules
• Distinguish between the most relevant contractual clauses (standard contract terms) and use (and understand) them when negotiating and drafting contracts
• Relate the basics of dispute resolution from the viewpoint of a business to relevant cases
• Explain the legal framework when setting up and running an enterprise (corporate law, trademarks, unfair competition, etc)
• Describe the organization of an enterprise in order to comply with rules of law (in particular competition law)
- 教师: 张彭生Hardy Zhang
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of academic writing. The key objectives are as follows: to improve the students' (academic) writing skills; to introduce the key concepts of academic practice, research and writing; to develop the students' awareness of issues surrounding plagiarism and the use of citation; to introduce the different forms of academic writing; to improve the students' critical approach to academic sources; and, to support the students in the process of planning and writing a thesis.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
• employ an appropriately academic register
• summarize and paraphrase
• engage critically with written texts
• evaluate printed and online sources
• use citation systems to acknowledge sources
• construct a written argument
• organize their text into a coherent whole
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of key concepts and principles of core business activities, and to enhance business communication skills.
To successfully complete this course students must:
· enhance essential business communication skills, such as
taking an active part in meetings, giving presentations and negotiating.
· produce advanced business correspondences of various types, including formal letters and emails, reports, CV’s, and meeting minutes.
· expand active business vocabulary, and be able to effectively describe key business concepts.
· exercise interpersonal skills that enable a person to effectively in a multicultural working environment.
- 教师: FolanThomas
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of microeconomics.
To successfully complete this course students must be able to:· read and interpret graphical and tabular information
· explain the remit of (micro-) economic science
· discuss theories of consumer and firm behavior
· describe basic economic concepts and the working of the market mechanism
· solve optimization problems given certain assumptions
· provide a critique of the assumptions underlying neoclassical economic theory
· cite causes of market failure, and discuss the merits of government interventions
- 教师: 刘杨雪莹Sherry Liu
The course teaches the participants the foundations and fundamental applications of professional statistical hypothesis testing, using the statistical software PSPP.
Upon successful completion of the course, the students should be able to:
· explain basic elements of inferential statistics, including normal and other distributions, one- and two-tailed testing, p-values and significance levels, Type I and II errors, and power.
· explain, applying and interpreting statistical tests for group differences: t-tests and analyses of variance (including 2-factorial ANOVA) for dependent and independent data, and the non-parametric counterparts (Mann-Whitney, Wilcoxon, Kruskal Wallis and Friedman tests), based on the PSPP software
· using statistical correlation in order to test for the relationship between two variables
· explain, compute and interpret the Pearson ²-test for association between two categorical variables
· explain, compute and interpret multiple linear regression using PSPP
- 教师: 徐琦Michael Xu
· compute all these parameters and interpret the results correctly
· explain and identify the different scale types of variables
· explain and compute standard measures of association, including Pearson, Spearman and Kendall correlation, and compute regression coefficients
· explain the difference between correlation and causation, and identify experimental design as the framework for causal conclusions
· explain and draw graphical representations of data such as bar charts, histograms, box plots and scatterplots
· explain and apply basic elements of probability theory correctly, in particular probabilities and the formulae for the probabilities of intersections and unions of elementary events, and binomial distribution
· formulate and compute statistical tests on the basis of the binomial distribution using pocket calculator as well as Excel and PSPP, and interpret the results correctly
- 教师: 徐琦Michael Xu
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of financial and management accounting.
To successfully complete this course students must:· Explore the basic principles and concepts of accounting
· Understand the purpose of financial statements
· Understand the role of financial statements and information in management decision making
- 教师: 徐琦Michael Xu
The aim of this course is to develop students’
understanding of the key concepts of financial and managerial accounting to
manage a business in a competitive environment. The focus of this course is on
how accounting improves managerial decision making. To successfully complete
this course, students must be able to distinguish between payments, expenses and
cost, use relevant cost to make decisions, distinguish between fixed and
variable cost, deduce the break-even-point, explain the full costing approach,
calculate costs on a departmental basis, explain how to reach pricing
decisions, construct a master budget and calculate and interpret variance.
- 教师: 徐琦Michael Xu
· Understand the basics of consumer behavior and be able to describe them in real world business situations;
· Be able to develop a comprehensive marketing analysis and use it for suggesting strategic marketing decisions;
· Understand the role of the marketing mix and be able to apply some of the basic tools in real-world marketing problems;